A downloadable great asset
MarkLight is framework for Unity that offers
XUML (eXtensible Unity Markup Language) a declarative design language similar in syntax to HTML but instead of defining the contents of a webpage it is used to design scenes in Unity.
XUML can be used to create views and define their relationship to the underlying game logic. Views are modular building blocks that can represent anything in the scene (UI widgets, meshes, lights, etc).
It's a new elegant and intuitive way of designing and developing scenes in Unity. It speeds up development, it bridges the gap between designers and programmers through a common language, it allows designs to be more easily shared in the community. It's intuitive, powerful and easy to use.
"This asset saved me so much time on a project already. It keeps game logic and UI logic separated which is perfect for keeping a project organized...All in all I love this tool!
"I really love it. If you are doing a 2D / camera space based UI for your application there is probably no better option right now.
"This has dramatically improved my workflow when working with other team members, this makes UI design portable and much easier to work with vs dragging elements in the scene editor!
"I'm impressed...its one of the most well coded assets I've seen in the store
"Pretty amazing stuff here... If you (like me) come from an XML-oriented design environment (like Adobe Flex or Android), you will feel at home here.
"It's a professinal way to making UI, actually, I'm surprised why Unity3D didn't ship this feature with the new UI system.
-- Asset Store Reviewers
• Design views using XUML - Views can be freely nested, re-used and combined.
• Fast and fluid workflow - Views are automatically processed as changes are saved.
• Elegant and Intuitive Data Binding - Using naming conventions and smart binding logic, binding data to your views is very straight forward. No "plumbing" or configuration required. The framework supports multi binding.
• Interactive - Effortlessy create interactive views that respond to user interactions. Use the existing event system events (click, drags, etc) or create custom actions with ease.
• Flexible styling using Themes - Modify the look & feel of views using Theme files. Control the theming through id- and style-selectors (similar to CSS).
• Localization support through Resource Dictionaries - Bind modifiable values to anything in your scene, can be defined in XUML and in code.
• Intellisense Support - Get intellisense when editing XUML.
• Create Animations and Transitions with ease - Setup and edit your animations quickly in XUML.
• Create Dynamic and Responsive content - Have views adjust to run-time changes of data and layout.
• Based on the uGUI - take advantage of new features as the Unity UI system continues to evolve.
• Build custom views - It fully supports and is designed for building custom views from scratch. All included elements are built using the same framework provided to you.
• 3 themes are included
• 40+ standard views included
• Compatible with PC, Mac, iOS, WebGL, Android and Windows Phone
• Compatible with Unity 4.6+ and 5.x
• Full source included
• A supportive community at: /r/marklight
• Chat at: MarkLight Slack Chat
• Tutorials and API docs available at: marklightforunity.com
Your purchase will include access to updates made to the framework. This package includes the same content as the one on the Asset Store
In order to download this great asset you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $20.00 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.